Work Based Learning
Career-connected learning, also known as Work-based learning, provides students and staff the opportunity to connect school to real-world experiences and explore careers by collaborating with business and community partners.
Elsie Allen High School invites professionals in all industries to be a part of our Work-Based Learning Program! We are excited to partner with industry professionals to help expose our students to the world of work and prepare them for their future.
Please use the QR code or the button below to sign up and learn more, or contact
Lauren Liotta at email@example.com
Opportunities for Involvement
Whether you're a seasoned expert, or you've never worked with students before, teachers at EAHS are ready to work with you to help connect our students to real world professional opportunities.
Here are some sample opportunities for involvement:
- Classroom Speaker - Share your career path and current occupation with students.
- Industry Panel Presentation - Collaborate with a panel of professionals to teach students about your industry.
- Field Trip/Worksite Tour - Show a group of students your worksite, allowing them to see your industry in action.
- Coaching/Mentoring/Project Collaboration - Help a student navigate a particular project or explore a path towards success in your industry.
- Career Fair/Career Conference - Participate in an event on our campus in which students learn more about your industry.
- Mock Interviews - Help students practice interview and professional skills, preparing them for the job market.
- Job Shadow, Internships, Apprenticeships - Onsite opportunities for students to learn hands on skills for your industry.
Industry Partner orientations will be provided throughout the school year to help provide guidance to our partners as they begin to collaborate with our teachers and students.
EAHS Career Conference 2023 Video
Why be involved with EAHS Work Based Learning?
Benefits to Industry Partners:
- Help students learn valuable industry specific skills before they enter the workforce.
- Increase business visibility in our community, invest in schools.
- Help train future employees.
- Help inform our career pathways.
- Make a difference in the lives of our students!